Inscape is a smart, up–and–coming literary journal aiming to curate pieces that are both peculiar and gorgeous without compromising craftsmanship and excellence. Averse to gratuitous violence, language and sex, we look for pieces that treat sensitive subjects with maturity and respect. Our favorite submissions explore refreshing takes on both the fantastic and the everyday. As a staff firmly rooted in following Jesus Christ and His teachings, we hope for submissions from people of all religious perspectives, countries, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, genders, backgrounds, and experiences. To anyone who wanders into our journal, we welcome you to Inscape, home of the bizarre, believing, and beautiful.
Inscape curates fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and visual arts pieces. You may submit the following number of submissions per category:
Creative Nonfiction: 2
Visual Arts: 5
- If submitting multiple pieces, please submit them separately.
- Literary submissions must be written in English and may not exceed 4,000 words.
- Please submit your work as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file.
- Visual arts submission must be scanned at 300 DPI or higher and saved as a .jpeg or .tiff image. Art submissions may include photography, paintings, drawings, digital art, sculpture (photographs of), textile, etc. Due to the nature of the printed form, performance art will not be considered for publication.
- Do not include your name in any of the attachments.
- Do not submit previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please let us know if your piece has been accepted somewhere else.
- All submissions should be submitted at https://byuenglishcontests.submittable.com/submit
- Current Inscape staff members may not be considered for publication. Staff members may submit their work in order to get blind feedback, however, you must talk to the Editor–in–Chief or Assistant Editors–in–Chief prior to doing so.
- Any submission that does not follow these guidelines will not be considered.